In music, pupils are given opportunities to be actively involved in listening, composing and performing, across a broad range of musical styles and songs from different cultures and times.
We employ specialist music teachers to teach violin, piano and drumming to ensure that children are given expert teaching. Through our music provision our aim is to encourage and develop:
- Enjoyment, enthusiasm, confidence, satisfaction and technical ability through practical involvement
- A critical, analytical, and a sensitive response to music
- The capacity to express ideas and feelings through music
- An awareness of and understanding of traditions, styles and culture from other times and places
- Social skills and awareness through music making together
- Cross curricular links with other subjects, in particular literacy, numeracy and ICT as a tool for creating, manipulating and storing sounds.