Through the teaching of Geography we aim to develop children’s enthusiasm for both the natural and human world. Through this subject we:
- stimulate pupils’ interest in their local surroundings as well as a knowledge and understanding of places in the world;
- foster a sense of understanding about how we are interconnected and interdependent with other people and ecosystems around the world;
- increase children’s knowledge of other cultures as well as developing pupils’ skills of critical enquiry
- explore a variety of people, places and environments across the world;
- enable children to know and understand environmental problems at a local, regional and global level;
- encourage in children a commitment to sustainable development and an appreciation of what ‘global citizenship’ means.